There are many ways to shop smart online. Here are the few that I really like and frequently use.
Shopping Deals at Brad’s Deals
In business since 2001, Brad’s Deals is one of the oldest running shopping deals site. Here’s a recent deal highlighted on Brad’s site: JC Penney offered buy one boot, get two free. The JC Penney site had an additional 20% off, and I signed up for Ebates.com to get 10% cash back. Here’s what it finally looked like: for 6 pairs of boots retailing over $480, I ended up paying $134.80 and received back $13.48 in cash back from Ebates.com. The boots ended up costing only $20.00 a pair! Click here to sign up for Ebates for free and receive $10 with your first $25.00 purchase. For more info about rebates sites, please see my blog Cashback Sites: Legit or Scam.
The RealReal is a great app if you are looking for consigned designer fashion. The RealReal has the best names in clothing, purses, shoes, and jewelry for both men and women and makes the buying process fun and easy. To sign up for free and get $25 off your first purchase, click here.
Rent the Runway
Not just for special occasions, Rent the Runway has some amazing, affordable choices. They have thousands of dresses, gowns, purses, and more. You can rent one piece or even an entire rotating wardrobe. To get 20% off click here.
Other Shopping Deals
- Similar to Brad’s Deals, Deal News highlights current shopping deals, but the difference lies in the volume. DealNews has an overwhelming amount of data, but it is worth checking out.
- Slick Deals is a community forum-driven site that allows hundreds of users to submit shopping deals all day every day.
- Offered in over 28 countries, Groupon is the ultimate shopping deals saving site for travel, restaurants, activities, services, electronics and more. Click here to sign up and search for free.
- Rather-Be-Shopping is a great site to see daily shopping deals, get discount codes, and printable coupons.
COMPARISON SHOPPING ENGINES (CSEs)
CSEs search the web and compares current prices for a specific product.
- Google Shopping has the broadest reach, and you can see the results in image form or on a list. It often has the lowest price as well.
- After Google, PriceGrabber seems to have the lowest prices for some reason and now offers IOS and Android apps.
- Nextag has easy-to-see specifications and user reviews for more clarity. Please be aware that vendors pay Nextag for placement and promotional listings, so you will still need to do your homework.
SHOPPING DEALS COUPON CODES
Always check for coupon or promo codes when purchasing online. You can just Google the vendor or go to one of the following sites: Coupons.com, RetailMeNot.com, Swagbucks, or Ebates. Notable Mention: Amazon Coupons, which directs you to all Amazon products that currently have a coupon.
Aliexpress is Alibaba’s online wholesale marketplace for international buyers. It allows small businesses in China and other places to sell to customers all over the world (similar to Ebay). Because it is a wholesale supplier, many items are in bulk, but individual products are available as well, at incredibly discounted prices. There is a huge amount of suppliers so you will need to find the right one by looking at their customer ratings and reviews. Be prepared for unknown brands and longer shipping times. Returns can more difficult than normal because of the distance. This site is an adventure but it’s worth it when you find the right product. Click here to check it out or here to go right to their flash deals.
ONE LAST TRICK
I am a huge fan of everything Google, and Google Images is one of their most powerful search tools. If you can grab a screen capture of the product you are interested in, you can then drag or paste it into Google Images to search by that image. This is important because sometimes a product may not be called the same thing by different vendors. I was able to find bookcases and a table for half-price using this method.
Comments, other recommendations, and success stories always welcome!
To see other blogs about saving on health, travel, and more, go to http://www.bethsbuys.com or click here.
Click here to see other great promos and coupons.
To see other great promos and coupons click here.
*Disclosures: Please check the Disclosures tab for more info. Downloading from the Internet can be risky, so please do so at your own discretion.